2x European Champion, Emilia Tuukkanen, on the trials and tribulations of training with her boyfriend, Santeri Lilius
Follow Emilia via her athlete page www.facebook.com/EmiliaTuukkanenBJJ
Follow Santeri via his athlete page www.facebook.com/SanteriLiliusBJJ
I don’t know about you, but these are some of the thoughts that go through my mind every time I roll with my significant other:
- Hey, this is kinda cute
- I don’t even remember how this ended up in a huge fight last time
- We must look like the perfect couple – #couplesthattraintogetherstaytogether right?
- Ha ha okay, that was a bit of a sneaky move
- Alright then. I guess we’re rolling a bit harder…
- OH SO THAT’S HOW YOU WANNA PLAY IT HUH?!?!?
- TWO CAN PLAY THIS GAME MISTER
- ACTIVATE FULL POWER MODE: NOW!!
- We are so breaking up after this round
- Damn, how did he get my back?
- Please cross your ankles. Please. Please. Pretty please!!
- When did his hands get on my collar??
- You shall feel the power of bridging!
- I’m out! I’m out!
- Can’t let him see how close I was to tapping to this choke.
- I have never ever in my life wanted anything more than to pass his guard right now.
- WHERE DID THAT TRIANGLE COME FROM???
- Must. not.. pass… out….
- Now would be a great moment to grow gills.
- I survived! (playing Destiny’s Child’s “Survivor”in my head)
- You have never felt a double-under-pass like this!
- I can’t believe I passed his guard!
- Oh the sweet, sweet, taste of victory!!
- You will never hear the end of this!!!
- This is the single most perfect moment of my life!!!!
- WTF. How did I end up back on bottom?
- No matter what happens I will not let this grip of his arm go. Earthquake, tornado, zombie apocalypse, nothing will get me to release this grip.
- Please God: if you let me get this armbar I will do anything for you.
- Tap, you idiot! TAP!
- WTF! How did he escape? He totally used power and not technique. I’m 100% sure he used power and not technique. Cheater.
- Hmmm… Maybe I can sweep him.
- Oh this is actually kinda nice… just us rolling. Sort of cute!
- Aaaand it’s time.
- Another round? Sure thing babe!
Want to receive every issue of JJS straight to your door before it hits newsstands? Click HERE and sign up now!